Microgynon: For Birth Control And Irregular Menstrual Flow
- It is one of the most reliable reversible methods of contraception if used correctly
- It doesn’t interrupt sex
- It usually makes your periods regular, lighter and less painful
- It may help with pre-menstrual symptoms.
- It helps treat irregular menstrual flow
- If you miss a dose talk to your Doctor or Pharmacist
- Direction Use: It is best to take your first Microgynon 30 pill on the first day of your next period. By starting in this way, you will have contraceptive protection with your first pill.
Microgynon 30 is a combined oral contraceptive pill (‘the Pill’). You take it to stop you getting pregnant.
This contraceptive contains two types of female sex hormones, oestrogen and progestogen.
These hormones stop you getting pregnant by working in three ways: by preventing an egg being released from your ovaries; by making the fluid (mucus) in your cervix thicker, which makes it more difficult for sperm to enter the womb; and by preventing the lining of your womb thickening enough for an egg to grow in it.
Microgynon 30 is a 21-day Pill – you take one each day for 21 days, followed by 7 days when you take no pills.
It is best to take your first Microgynon 30 pill on the first day of your next period. By starting in this way, you will have contraceptive protection with your first pill.