Estriol Vaginal Cream For Improved Libido In Women
- Treatment of vaginal dryness, itching
- Treatment of menopausal symptoms
- Prevention of osteoporosis in postmenopausal women
- Treatment of hypoestrogenism due to hypogonadism, castration or primary ovarian failure
- Treatment of hormone deficiency in younger women whose ovaries do not produce enough estrogen
- Relief of symptoms of certain cancers (in both men and women) that have spread throughout the body.
Direction of use: Apply topically on the Vagina at least once every two days or as directed by the Doctor.
Estriol is a medication that contains the female hormone. It is used by women to help reduce vaginal conditions such as vaginal dryness/burning/itching and other menopausal conditions that often causes low sex drive.
These symptoms are caused by the body making less estrogen.
When treating only vaginal symptoms characterized with vaginal dryness/burning/itching Or other menopausal conditions, products applied directly inside the vagina (such as this medication) should be used first.
Estrogens that are taken by mouth, absorbed through the skin, or injected may have greater risks of side effects due to more estrogen being absorbed.
Estriol Vaginal Cream is a cream that you place in your vagina with the applicator provided with the cream.
- Take the dose recommended by your healthcare provider and talk to him or her about how well that dose is working for you
- Estrogens should be used at the lowest dose possible for your treatment only as long as needed. You and your healthcare provider should talk regularly (for example, every 3 to 6 months) about the dose you are taking and whether you still need treatment with Estriol Vaginal Cream
- Step 1. Remove cap from tube.
- Step 2. Screw nozzle end of applicator onto tube (Figure A).
- Step 3. Gently squeeze tube from the bottom to force sufficient cream into the barrel to provide the prescribed dose. Use the marked stopping points on the applicator to measure the correct dose, as prescribed by your healthcare provider (Figure B).
- Step 4. Unscrew applicator from tube.
- Step 5. Lie on back with knees drawn up. To deliver medication, gently insert applicator deeply into vagina and press plunger downward to its original position (Figure C).
- Step 6. TO CLEANSE: Pull plunger to remove it from barrel. Wash with mild soap and warm water (Figure D).
- DO NOT BOIL OR USE HOT WATER.