Are Sperm Cramps Real?
Ejaculation is the release of semen from the penis during the male orgasm, it is meant to feel very pleasurable followed by a sudden relief washing over the man.
But for some men, ejaculation can be a painful experience leading to things like cramping followed by discomfort in a man’s testicles or surrounding area.
This phenomenon is referred to as sperm cramps & although it does not affect all the men out there; it is a common problem that affects a considerable number of men.
For most men facing this issue, discomfort or pains begin during sex and gets even more intense after he nuts.
This painful ejaculation can be caused by quite a number of factors and may even be a symptom to an underlying bigger condition.
This is the enlargement of the prostate gland located between the bladder and penis or an enlarged prostate. Prostatitis is either infectious which is caused by a bacterial infection or non infectious which causes inflammation of the prostate without any trace of infection.
2. Excessive tension of the pelvic floor muscles during sexual activity
Excessive tension of the pelvic floor muscles during sex can lead to painful ejaculation.
3. Sexually transmitted infections
STIs like chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, trichomoniasis causes painful ejaculation and even painful urination, unhealthy penis discharge and frequent urination.
This is the infection of the bladder that causes inflammation or abnormal growth leading to sperm cramps.
5. Obstruction of the ejaculatory fluid
This could be an inflammation, scarring or blockage of the channels semen passes from the testicles to the urethra down to the penis.
6. Past traumatic experiences
Experiences from a man’s past like sexual abuse or other forms of unhealed trauma can still have a mental block on his sexual life and how he ejaculates. Traumas like this often express itself in the form of testicular pain.
7. Psychosocial causes
like depression, emotional distress, anxiety can result in pains in different parts of the body including a man’s testicles.
8. Sperm build up
A prolonged period of arousal without release can lead to accumulation of sperm in the seminal vesicles which will cause cramping of the testicles until ejaculation thus occurs.
Prevention & Treatment Options:
1. Opt for underwears that gives support & less tension to your testicles and stay away from activities that will put stress and tension to your testicles.
2. Test regularly for STIs & treat early if you have any, also keep the genitals clean & fresh to avoid infection also.
3. Minimize stress & opt for more relaxing activities as stress can also cause muscle tension.
4. Use sufficient lubrication & during sex opt for positions that do not put pressure on your testicles but rather increases your comfort level.
5. Engage in exercises that relieves tension, improve muscle strength and flexibility, and reduce pain.
6. Seek professional medical help.
When you experience testicular cramps more often & this pain is severe and also followed by swelling, painful urination, blood in the urine or redness around the testicles; seek out a medical ASAP.
Testicular cramps can be a risk factor of infertility as certain conditions causing the cramps could impact fertility.