Estrogen is an important hormone commonly associated with the female body. This hormone is responsible for the sexual development of girls as they attain maturity & is responsible for maintaining the reproductive system.
It controls a woman’s menstrual cycle, causes breast development in teenage girls and breast changes in pregnant women.
Low estrogen is a condition that slows your sexual development. Low estrogen is common with women approaching menopause, nevertheless, women of all ages can experience menopause making it harder for them to become pregnant and negatively affects their sexual development.
*AD: Know your sexual health status today, click Book Test to get started.
Symptoms Of Low Estrogen
- Little to no vaginal lubrication leading to painful sex.
- Reduced sexual desire
- Irregular periods/missed periods
- Hot flashes
- Tender breasts
- Trouble concentrating/trouble sleeping
If left untreated, low estrogen can result in infertility.
Causes Of Low Estrogen Levels
- Estrogen levels naturally decreases during menopause
- Genetic conditions like Turner syndrome
- Eating disorders like anorexia deprives your body of nutrients it needs to keep hormone levels balanced.
- Conditions affecting pituitary gland
- Excessive exercise
- Eating disorders/extreme dieting
- Having your two ovaries removed
- Premature menopause – As a result of toxins or genetic irregularities, the ovaries stops egg production before the age of 40 causing your body to go through early menopause.
Management & Treatment Of Low Estrogen Level
- Moderate exercises – Exercise in moderation, over exercising can deplete the important resources your body needs to function.
- Reduce stress & get enough sleep – Too much stress causes the hormones that regulate your reproductive system to become imbalanced. Sleep recharges the body, allowing the body & hormones to function properly.
Pharmaceutical medications to treat low estrogen
1. Estriol Vagina Cream
Estriol is a medication that contains the female hormone(estrogen). It is applied directly inside the vagina, this cream is placed in your vagina with the applicator provided with the cream. This is a synthetic form of estrogen prescribed in the lowest doses possible to treat your symptoms while preventing side effects.
2. Evening Primrose Oil
Click here to shop Evening Primrose Oil
Restores a balance in estrogen levels for increased circulation and dilation of the blood vessels. Helps to improve sexual urge in women and regulates irregular menstrual flow. Also, increases vagina wetness during sex.
If you enjoyed this post, then read How To Know If She’s Having An Orgasm